Foxwell NT530 BMW & Mini diagnostic scan tool solved the problem that Foxwell NT520 failed to access to F chassis to diagnose, this article is availabe with foxwell NT530 feedback, claimed car models and workable control systems etc.
Part 1: Foxwell NT530 BMW & Mini diagnostic scan tool feedback
Part 2: The claimed Foxwell NT530 BMW & Mini diagnostic scan tool car models
Part 3: The claimed Foxwell NT530 BMW & Mini diagnostic scan tool workable system
Part 1: Foxwell NT530 BMW & Mini diagnostic scan tool feedback
– Like most tech stuffs, you had to update the software and the datafile in order to access to all functions. There are regular updates and added functions over time.
– The NT530 can code some module, reset adaptation, calibrate and activate modules. It is not to the level on INPA but it can do much more than Carly for diagnostic and maintenance of my cars.
– Someone mention the NT530 cannot code and that you may have bricked a module. Did it just did it just by scanning for a fault code?
If it is the FRM, it is not a surprising. BMW has extended the warranty on the FRM because it can fail just by just scanning it.
– reset 1999 e36 SRS light and on 2005 e60 to monitor some misfiring issues.
-If you plan on always having a BMW or other project car in your garage, this scanner tool would be a nice addition to your tool bag.
-The instructions were written well. I bought this tool to specifically reset my service light and also an airbag error which I created when swapping seats in my 2011 Mini Cooper. After finding and reviewing my error codes, quick erase did the trick where other tools would not.
– Glad we bought the 20 pin adapter for this car
– Very useful tool with some additional capabilities, somewhere between Creator Systems and INPA. More time exploring is need for final judgement. If you are buying your first scanning tool and don’t want a laptop based system, buying this would work as it has more capabilities than the Creator BUT it also comes with a heftier price. I think it should replace (vice supplement) the Creator if you have one already.
– It is a lot easier to use than inpa or ncsexpert. I am still learning the tool but it has already paid for itself! I like that it also has generic obd2 for other makes too. For the price , it’s really good . I plan to load up other makes into it as well!
– Worked great even cleared half power light and my cel..tried other scanners and even took it to a non mini dealership and they couldnt erase codes 5 min after plugging this in my jcw back to running right
– reset the airbag warning on a 2011 Mini Cooper (coupe, base model)
– can work for Airbags ABS SRS on 2004 E60
– offers free lifetime updates
– Can start a regeneration for the deisel particulate filter cleaning
– Can register a new battery but can’t change battery type.
– Can pull smg codes and bleed smg on E46 m3
– can register new battery on 2011 BWM X5 35D diesel.
– Can activate and deactivate the DISA valve to test operation in an E90 N52.
– Older BMW cars (ie.a 1993 e36 and a 1994 e32) are compatible with the tool when used with the 20 pin adapter. Functionality is limited due to the nature of the earlier vehicles computer systems.
– Support 2012 BMW X3 (F25) Supported Battery registration, disable brake system and Reset Oil Service interval.
– There is no vin lock on this tool. It can be used on infinite vehicles (so far 19 brands are supported)
– I need a scan tool that will reset the EPB on my 2011 BMW X5, and also work on my 2009 Audi TT, and 2004 Volvo XC 70. Foxwell NT520 scanner will work with all after paying Audi and Volvo software license.
– can read body module codes on 2008 X5 (e70). If the car provides this information it will be able to to read and decode it.
– The included software is not native to Mac computers.
– win10 is compatible.
– Can provide sensor data from the oil level system on an F82 M4, The M4 apparently can only read the oil level with the iDrive, which we plan on permanently removing for non-street use.
– Allow me to alignment and calibrate fuel injectors on a 2009 535i N54 engine
– Can read codes from a transmission control unit (TCU) on a 2003 e46 325xi.
– Can register a battery to an e90 328i.
– I have a 2007 328i Coupe, NT520 can determine which wheel speed sensor is bad.
– NT520 can read and reset airbag service light. I have an intermittent airbag service light on a 2004 X3 that BMW service cannot track down as it clears from memory before I can get it in for service.
– Have the ability on the 09 BMW E82 135 to scan for ghost codes, and any other stored codes. For example, example it will read codes that you did not get a scanner connected fast enough while the check engine light was on and it goes off before you know what the code actually was.
-Can code new injectors in the BMW 2010 335i.
-Can Re-program the Speed Governor on 2011 e90 328i LCI model, vin WBAPH7C52BE852716…please note: Performance software is required to manipulate top speed limiters.
-Can perform a throttle actuator adaptation on an e92 M3 after replacment
– Is capable of functioning as a universal OBDII reader for all makes in addition to it’s BMW/Mini/RR Specific functions.
– Can work with a 2012 mini cooper countryman s all 4.
– Have E36 OBD1, for OBD1 cars will require adapter ES2992111 to perform function, Available features will be dependent upon the cars abilities. Not all features are compatible with all models.
-Communicates via the obdII plug in the cabin on the E39 M5 2000, no extra adapters needed.
– Whether NT530 can read TPMS codes or not (Specifically to tell which TPMS receiver is malfunctioning), it depends on the vehicle, If your car has the ability to provide this information the tool will be able to pull this data.
– can read and reset O2 sensor readiness codes but will not code them off permanently.
– Updates can be skipped; sequential installation of updates is not required.
– Can reset “Right/Left Cornering light” warnings on 2011 335d caused by after-market halo installation. To properly clear the error code you need halos with proper resistance, this will cause the car’s computer to automatically reset the warnings.
– I own a 2011 335i N55. all functions are supported across the E93 series.
– Able to reset the (SAS) steering angle sensor
– Ok to reset the Airbag/seatbelt light on Mini Cooper S R56.
– Ok to modulate the e-parking brake on a 2012 BMW F10 to enable a rear brake job with rotor replacement.
– Module recoding and programming is possible with this tool.
– Availability of features of this nature will vary heavily model to model and year to year.
– Can register new tire pressure monitoring sensors.
– Can do VANOS test, Idle Sync etc for e46 m3.
-Can activate the abs unit in order to bleed it on a 2008-011 m3.
– Can do battery registrations and coding on BMW and mini cooper.
– Be able to code a new battery on 08-2011 M3’s.
– To make NT520 is compatible with the early E36 (The car has ads modules for Abs and SRS), need the 20 pin adapter ES2992111.
– Can reset the adaptations needed after an e46 m3 smg clutch change.
– Allow for line code changes when programming car options, such as automatic door locking.
– Enable auto rear window defogger for GM5 module on BMW E46. E46 general module coding is possible.
– Can perform the dynamic drive reset for a 2002 745.
– Reset the transfer case oil wear indicator on BMW e83.
– Be able to display the sensor’s output if this function is registered by the car’s DME.
– Can pull codes from the SRS system and reset the light once all issues are corrected-
– Able to reset transfer case adaptations after transfer case fluid change in an F32.
– Allow coding of the LCM and GM on BMW vehicles.
– Have the ability to program new ABS components to current vehicle.
– Can code for Xenon headlight conversions and also for activating *Sirius Retrofit Enable Code (FSC)* for Mini Cooper R56’s, but only some models not all.
– Can read BMW Specific (Shadow/Hidden Codes)
– Can code injectors and a new battery on 2008 BMW 135i.
Foxwell NT530 BMW X5 review:
I borrowed a friend’s BMW NT530 to reset my wife’s X5 remaining mileage countdown after I refilled the DEF. I was really impressed with his Foxwell with all the options that were given for BMWs.
Here are screen shot pics that I found online of some of the BMW functions …
Part 2: The claimed Foxwell NT530 BMW & Mini car models
1) BMW MODELS COVERED 1987 – 2019
1 Series – E81,E82,E87,E88,1M,F20,F21
2 Series – F22,F23,F45,F46,F87
3 Series – E30,E36,E46,E90,E91,E92,E93,F30,F31,F35,F34,F80
4 Series – F32,F33,F36,F83,F83
5 Series – E28,E34,E39,E60,E61,M5,GT(F07),F10,F11,F18
6 Series – E24,E63,E64,M6,F12,F13,F06
7 Series – E23,E32,E38,E65,E66,F01,F02,F03,F04,G11,G12
8 Series – E31
I Series – I01,I12
X1 – E84,F48,F49
X3 – E83,F25
X4 – F26
X5 – E53,E70,X5M,F15,F85
X6 – E71,E72,X6M,F16,F86
Z1 – E30
Z3 – E36,Z3M
Z4 – E85,E86,E89,M
Z8 – E52
2) MINI For Most Models 2002-Present
Body Styles Covered
R50: “Mk I” Mini One & Cooper (2001–2006)
R52: “Mk I” Mini Convertible (2004–2008)
R53: “Mk I” Mini Cooper S (2001–2006)
R55: “Mk II” Mini Clubman (2007–present)
R56: “Mk II” Mini Hatch/Hardtop range (2006–2013)
R57: “Mk II” Mini Convertible (2009–present)
R58: Coupé (2012–present)
R59: Roadster (2012–present)
R60: Countryman (2010–present)
R61: Paceman (2013-2016)
F54: Clubman (2016-present)
F55: Hatchback (2014-present)
F56: Hatchback (2014-Present)
F57: Convertible (2014-Present)
3) Rolls-Royce MODELS COVERED
RR1, RR2, RR3, RR4, RR5
Part 3: The claimed Foxwell NT530 BMW & Mini workable control system