I recently noticed my 2007 GMC Acadia brake lights only come on when I press the brake pedal all the way down. If I’m tapping them to slow down they do not come on. I have a code C0277. I changed the Brake Pedal Position Sensor and I still have the problem.
The Brake Pedal Position Sensor must be calibrated before you can have any hopes of it working properly. Also, several problems can set the C0227 fault code – bad sensor, corroded connection, wiring issue, even a faulty BCM.
Broke out my scanner and calibrated the sensor. Everything seems fine now.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Place the transmission in the PARK position.
- Install a scan tool.
- Clear all BCM DTCs before proceeding.
- Navigate to the Vehicle Control Systems menu.
- Select Module Setup menu item.
- Select BCM menu item
- Select the BPP Sensor Calibration procedure and follow the directions displayed on the screen.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)