What is the difference between your Foxwell NT530 BMW scanner and the Schwaben by Foxwell 014020SCH01A? The Schwaben unit costs an extra $20-$40 and is a different color, is there anything else?
Both are 100% the same, they have same functionalities. I will explain… Foxwell is the maker of the software and producer of the tool. So, Schwaben and ECS gets their support from Foxwell.
1. ECS will not support the specific software, they will support the tool if there is a problem with it during the warranty period or with shipping. Foxwell is the Support Group for the software and application.
2. Foxwell NT530 is the orange and black color, Schwaben is the black and grey color.
Here foxwell NT530 from foxwelltool.com.
NEW! Foxwell NT530 update free lifetime via USB cable. Solved the BMW F chassis diagnostic issue that Foxwell NT520 has.
Here Schwaben VAG scan tool and BMW/MINI scan tool, $229
3. The above Foxwell NT530 comes with BMW software, you can download up to 5 car brands as you like (each one for 60usd), some users download more as long as NT530 can run fast. Schwaben BMW/mini only has the software for BMW and Schwaben VAG Professional Scan Tool only has the software for VAG.
PS:Here Foxwell NT530 software authorization page, you can add any car brand you like.
Here two real user’s experience with Foxwell NT530 scanner, hope it helps.
1. I bought the identical scan tool Foxwell NT530 at foxwelltool.com but at a better price than at ECS. Don’t get me wrong I support them but I get my support directly from Foxwell. Best tool ever, IT CAN do everything. Found my “SES” light was from a dirty solenoid. Cleaned it (not replaced) and it fixed the problem….that right there saved me $140. Damn near paid for itself on the first day.
It is pretty reliable and easier to use than a PC based system. I carry mine in my car and you just plug it up and start checking systems out.
2. I just got foxwell nt530 who loaded all of the most current software for the scanner and is BMW/Mini/Rolls Royce capable inc. BMW F series. It is quick, slick and reliably finds faults.
I have used it on my e46 and my e90. The screens are intuitive and it feels well built. I don’t know if it is a shop quality tool in terms of endurance but it sure seems a perfect weekend warrior tool.
Added bonus, my seller was $189 free shipped. The scanner was registered to the vendor but he left a number to message to request it be reset. My account works and my scanner is registered in my name now.
I will likely add the Audi software next and use it on my B8 A4.
So far, I love it.