This is the instruction on how to update Foxwell NT510 Multi-system scanner for OE-level diagnosis on all the electronic systems for a single car manufacturer.
● NT510 scan tool
● PC application FoxScanner
● PC or laptop with USB ports and Internet explorer
● Internet service
● TF card reader
● Operation System: Win98/NT, Win ME, Win2000, Win XP, VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
● CPU: Intel PⅢ or better
● RAM: 64MB or better
● Hard Disk Space: 30MB or better
● Display: 800*600 pixel, 16 byte true color display or better
● Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer
Before updating, please make sure your network works correctly.
Before updating, please make sure you have already created a Foxwell ID.
Main steps :
Step1: Obtain an FOXWELL ID.
Step2: Register the product with the product serial number and product password.
Step3: Update the product by the update application FoxScanner.
NT510 update procedure:
1. There are two ways to download the update PC application.
a. Visit our site www.foxwelltech.com and go the Product page. Find your product model and click it to view the product profile. Select Download tab to download the PC application file.
b. Log in at www.foxwelltech.com , go to your Member Center and select Registered Product. Click Software Details. You will find the link right on the top of the softwares.
2. Unzip the application file. Follow instructions on computer screen to install the application and driver.
3. Double click the desktop icon to launch the application.
4. Remove the TF card from the NT510 scanner, put it into the card reader and plug the reader into the computer. The TF card is on the left side of scanner.
5. Log in with your Foxwell ID and password.
6. Foxwell scanner will automatically recognize the serial number and display all available applications, please read it carefully before update. Please note that you are allowed to select and install any one of the vehicle software from the available update list free of charge and in future you are allowed to install updates of the selected brand only. In case you want to install any other vehicle software, please contact us or sign in your member center to place an order of buying extra software.
If you’ve formatted the TF card, please select your serial number first and all available updates will display.
7. Select the software you wish to update and click the check box(es) and then click the Update button to download.
Please select the software you want to update, as you can ONLY have access to the update of this brand in the future once it’s been selected initially. To access other brand application, you have to pay to access, Please refer to Section 4 for buying extra software.
8. Downloading: When Update button is clicked, it begins to download. And you can check the Current Status. If the Current Status shows Downloading, please do not close the update application. Please do not close Foxscanner until it shows Update Done.
9. Please click Software Management to review all the updated software.
If “Update Failed” dialog comes up, it indicates that the software updates failed. Please check the network connection or TF card. If the problem still exists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your local dealer for assistance.
10. To uninstall some software, please select them and click the Uninstall button.
With the updated Foxwell NT510, what can you do?
It does not only include basic functions such as read/erase code, live data, but also it’s capable of advanced functions such as actuation, adaptation coding and programming- ideal for specialist, garages and car enthusiasts.
Car makes available:
Acura, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Audi, Australian Ford, BMW, Chrysler, Fiat, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Holden, Jaguar, KIA, Lancia, Lexus, Land Rover, Maserati, MINI, Toyota, Opel, Rolla-Royce, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Vauxhall, VW and more.
The scanner is shipped with one free software and can cover up to five vehicle makes.