Topic: gather several FAQ of Foxwell NT520 multi-system scanner so that more users can read them and get a quick answer here.
Q:What is the difference between the NT510 & NT520?
A: The difference is NT520 add more vehicles, and you have new choice for Benz and Alfa romeo,lancia which NT510 not supported. As for the BMW, Ford, GM… NT510 and NT520 will functions the same.
Actually, the NT510 stop production now and NT520 is produced to replace the NT510, so the NT520 will totally cover all functions that NT510 does.
Another difference is NT520 updated the firmware.
Topic : Software authorization
Q: I bought my Foxwell NT520 with a request and payment for additional Benz software to be loaded on my computer.
It came without the software and I am trying to download it. How do I download the software for Benz?
The serial number for my scanner is N5Bxxxxxxxxxx. The order number was: FW181xxxxxxxx. The transaction ID was: 448xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thank you.
A: Yes, that’s true that Foxwell NT520 doesn’t come with the paid software, you can download the specific software for free from official website: www.foxwelltech.com
just follow this file to download and use:
A: The NT520 comes with no car specific software as default, you can download the specific software for free from official website: www.foxwelltech.com
Here is the update guide for your reference:After you downloaded the first free software, please give us the S/N of your NT520 and the extra software version you need so that we can activate the second one for you.
Topic:Additional Software Purchase
Q: I currently have Foxwell NT510 with BMW software installed and I want to buy Mercedes software to install in NT510, but I don’t see the Mercedes option listed for download. Please advise
A: Please pay additional 60USD here
Then provide the customer service with the serial number of NT510, and wait for authorization. Here are customer service contact info: email@example.com or leave message after place order.
Q:How many makes can it store in one unit?
I have a BMW, a Toyota and s Mercedes.
How much is each additional car make to add?
Does the NT510 do the service/oil reset ??
A: The engineer suggest 5 at most install in one unit at a time. If you need more vehicle makes, you can uninstall one of them and install the one when you need. Next time, if you need it, you can install it back. The installation and update is for lifetime free after you purchase the vehicle make at first.
The extra vehicle costs 60USD each.
The NT520/NT510 both support service /oil rest.
Q: I was wondering if you have distribution here in the US?
A: foxwelltool.com have US warehouse so that the US customers can receive Foxwell NT520 as soon as possible and save the customs.
Q: I have Foxwell NT520 with BMW loaded, I don’t need it anymore, I need Benz software, how to do?
A: Please give the customers service the serial number to unregistered BMW and add Benz software.
Q: Which Foxwell model is recommended for European cars?
A: Please refer to
Q: Can FOXWELL NT520 Pro work on the two BMW models and perform these capabilities?
2009 BMW X-3 X-Drive 3.0 Litre Engine
2008 BMW 135i Coupe M-Pacakge
reset Air Bag, Adjustable HID Headlight Moudule Reset Program, Fuel Injection Coding Reset, ABS, Oil Change Reset etc?
Does the package include detailed manual on how to operate?
A: Yes, Foxwell NT520 can, there is no detailed procedure in the manual, it varies from one car model to the other ones, Foxwell NT520 is a menu-driven tool, just follow the instruction to operate.
Q: Can Foxwell NT520 / NT644 diagnose any codes on my truck and reset check engine light?
A: Yes, they can.
Q: I also want to use Foxwell NT520 to code in a slightly larger battery (95 AH in with 90 AH removed)
A: If the original battery capacity is as the same as the new one, nt520 can do,otherwise it can’t do.
Q: Can I do battery registration for BMW 328i Xdrive (E90) 2009 model on NT510 without buying additional software?
Does NT520 comes with battery registration software?
Does your software work with MAC Book Pro computer?
A: The answers to the first two questions are Yes, the third one is NO.
Q: Can foxwell nt520 work with BMW X3’s 2006-2013?
A: Yes, but better confirm your chassiss number with the dealer.
Q: Does the foxwell NT 520 pro show ecu requested values besides actual values when checking engine sensors , this would be for my mercedes vito w639 2006
A: Yes, it does.
Q: If I choose American Ford, will it include EU Ford?
A: Yes. It will.
Q: Does this also include a “Free Lifetime updates”?
A: A: Yes, this tool offers free lifetime updates!
Q: Bought a 510 for my older BMW, would like to use it on my wife’s 2000 landcruiser. Is there a way I can purchase/download software that will let it work on the Toyota?
A: We asked the engineer to add the Toyota software for you. However, they told that you haven’t registered the first free software, if add the VAG for you, you will not able to download the first free software any more.
Can you install the first free software first and we will activate the second for you?
Here is the update guide for your reference:
Foxwell NT520 BMW feedback:
1. Very helpfull tool fo diagnose car and prevent sirius damage
2. It did exactly what I needed it to and then some! I had the original index 1 injectors in the car I bought (n54) and upgraded to index 12 it coded them without any issues. Little side note it’s designed for not only Bmw and minis but I was also able to read codes on my Mercedes. Just an overall great product exceeded my expectations! So if you plan on doing your own maintenance this is a must have in your tool box.
3. Great tool for DIY guys like me… One of the best scan tools I’ve used so far..
4. Needed something that could do more than the average Bluetooth OBD scanner. Owning a BMW it’s awesome to have dealer level diagnostic. This way I know what they would see and I can fix it accordingly without paying crazy dealer prices
5. This has been worth its weight in hold for me doing various work and modifications on my MINI. It has allowed me to do the brake line test after installing braided lines, see faults I didn’t know I had that do not come up as check engine lights. If you own a MINI, BMW or fo uou own work on a Rolls Royce, buy this tool.
6. Foxwell NT520 scan tool is fantastic if you own a Mini. I have been using it for a few weeks, and it has already easily paid for itself with money saved. I’ve been able read any code, and also register a new battery ($125 saved right there) it is great. Wish I had picked one up sooner!
Foxwell NT520 Porsche feedback
1. First use: I purchased this tool primarily to reset oil service light on our ’15 Cayenne Diesel. After first updating the software to the latest version it worked great. Looking forward to testing all th features and also trying it on our ’02 996.
2. Powerful code reader: This code reader is perfect for the home mechanic. I own two Porsches so I bought the Porsche specifics version. You can also buy other vehicle modules online for about $60. I also own a couple of Chevy’s so I will probably get that module too. Ready to use and detailed information. Seems to have good online support.
For more will be updated…
Hope it helps.