Question: I’m looking for an inexpensive code reader that will reset the Three Amigos (Land Rover Discovery 2). It has only happened to me once and I was with a large group but is always in the back of my mind. I know there are several out there and am looking for something very basic but that will accomplish that. Thanks.
Experience with the inexpensive code reader:
- I bought an Autel 619 for $100. Did the trick for the 3 amigos and it’s nice to have around for the other cars as well!
- The cheap diagnostic testers like the Autel 619 and the iCarsoft can clear fault codes for the 3 amigos.
But if you plan to keep your Disco 2 for awhile invest in a Land Rover specific diagnostic tester like a Foxwell NT510 Elite or NT530 or Nanocom Evolution. Not cheap tho…
- icarsoft will work for the 3 amigos but don’t ever rely on it when it comes to the td5 engine cos with that is full of crap, there is one just a bit more expensive which works well with the engine too and also with the BCU for some programming named Foxwell NT530 /NT510 Elite Full System – Land Rover Professional Diagnostic Scan Tool , it’s not so good like nanocom or hawkeye but it does the job better than the ICarsoft … i’ve seen these both live
- I had the icarsoft brand but sold it after getting the Foxwell NT510 (now NT530).
I prefer the Foxwell since I can read codes, clear codes (3 Amigos), reset adaption values and aid in modular bleeding/power bleeding the ABS.
I use it on my 2001 Disco and my wife’s X5.
- Foxwell NT530 does all the basic stuff: gets /clears ABS codes, can change some settings, activate bleed, etc. But getting it to do anything else is a crapshoot and not very intuitive. You def. get what you pay for and for the price it’s no bad.
Good to know:
If you have no idea what specific functions Foxwell NT510 Elite or NT530 will perform, please browse the official site here: https://www.foxwelltool.com/ext/support-fun-list.html
or email at https://www.foxwelltool.com/ for instant and efficient service.