Car make and year:
13 Audi Q5 3.2
To reads the live data, plus OE diagnostics like airbag, ABS, A/T, oil service, etc.
Foxwell NT510 scan tool
Reasons and experience:
- Autel MD802
Autel MD802. It will read every module, on any car out there. Also does service resets on all cars. Best thing I’ve ever bought
- The VAG-COM
As known, VCDS is top dog
For people without a $300+ vag cable, the Foxwell NT510 scan tool would be only $179 cheaper than the tablet and vagcom.
Foxwell NT510 pros:
Easy to use
Specifically work on VAG and ODB2 generic (i.e. pretty much all cars since 1992)
Foxwell NT510 is a great option to carry in the trunk vs having to access a laptop for the vag-com cable.
Half the price of VCDS
Foxwell NT510 cons:
Saving faults and later calling them up isn’t as easy as VCDS
Twice the price of generic readers
Foxwell NT510 actually has pretty much the same capabilities as VCDS.
Compatible with VW/Audi from 1990
Compatible with the latest UDS protocol
Compatible with global OBDII/EOBD
Works on most systems
Reads and clear codes and turns off MILs
Requests and records live sensor data
Provides live data graphing
Merges graphs for easy and intuitive diagnosis
Displays freeze frame data
Performs most adaptations
Does active tests on systems and components*
Performs special functions, coding, security access*
Retrieves ECU information
Supports all 10 OBDII test modes
Resets oil service light
Sets inspection 1, 2 service interval
Sets (non) long life oil service
Sets inspection mileage
Deactivates and re-activates brake control system
Retracts calipers for brake pad replacement
Returns calipers to the original position
Initializes the wear indicator if new pads installed
Diagnoses EPB caliper functionality
Resets the brake pad thickness after AUDI A8 service
Code troubleshooters for faster and easier diagnosis
Multilingual menu options and code definitions
Memory card for data backup and software update
Large TFT color screen and menu-driven operations
Foxwell NT510 feedback:
– I could see so much information about my car that I wanted this thing to work. For now
I’ve done my 40K service and tolerate the 5 second “service” reminder when I start the car.
– Resets all codes. Even scanned my electrical system and told me my battery was getting low voltage.
– This scanner is great all kind of diagnostic procedures Including Parking Brake release for Changing Brake pads,Audi pads thickness, and adaptions that allow you to tweak your car for making the windows come down with the FOB Key. There is many more tweaks and things to do with this scanner Recommend this to people who don’t want to pay 400$ for vcds Wire. It doesn’t require a computer and works excellent.
-Work with an 2001 Audi TT Quattro with AWP engine (1.8T)
– have the ability to read internal codes including those relating to the ABS system.
– Be compatable with a Volkswagen 2011 MKVI GTI 2.0T?
– Works on a MK6 GTI as well as a 2011 Tiguan.
-2012 A7 2.8L ok
– Read the ABS / Airbag codes on a B5 A4.
– 2008 Audi tt 3.2 ok
– 2012 Audi A4 -It wont tell you the code you need to enter but it will allow you to enter the code once you know what it is.
– mk6 2011 tdi Jetta ok
– 2006 vw mk5 gti ok
– Can realign/adapt throttle body.
– audi b5 s4 OK
– Erase an Airbag light on 2002 Audi A4 and 1996 Audi A4
– Reset the Audi Service Interval Reminder on a ’13 Q5 and a ’10 A4.
– 2007 A4 2.0T Quattro test ok
– Reset the “Inspection Due” light on 2015 Audi A3.
– Check TCU/TSM and revision number for DSG.
– Diagnose convertible top issues on 09 VW Beetle 2.5.
– This scanner plugs into your OBDII port. Which has nothing to do with your radio. Therefore it is safe with an aftermarket radio and you need no remove the specific lead from the radio harness.
– Can disable the daytime running lights
– Work on 2010 VW Golf 2.5, Also, be able to program a new key FOB.
– Can rest airbag faults.
– 06 VW GTI and MK5 models test ok
– Cycle the fuel pump on passat tdi
– Can turn off day time running lights on an audi
– Read/diagnose codes that trigger EPC light on dash
– Program my key fob to open and close windows