One mechanic user with 10-year experience have used the Foxwell NT301 and Autel AL519 code readers, and shares his honest review regarding these two entry-level code readers.
Look at the comparison table:
|Features||FOXWELL NT301||Autel AL519|
|Display:||2.8″ wide TFT color screen||TFT color display|
|Vehicle Coverage:||Buick, Bmw, Cadillac, Chrysler, Ford, Chevrolet, Gm, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Lamborghini, Landrover, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Opel, Porsche, Mercedes, Saab, Subaru, Suzuki, Volvo, Toyota, Vw, etc..||AL519 Works on most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN)|
|Software Update Option:||Life-long Free Updates||Free update online lifetime|
|Weight:||1.05 pounds||2 pounds|
|Dimensions:||8.7 x 3.1 x 6.7 inches||7.8 x 4.1 x 1.5 inches|
|Warranty:||1-year warranty||12-month warranty|
Foxwell NT301 OBD2 code scanner:
– Features Red, Yellow, and Green LEDs and a built-in speaker for showing emission monitor status. And it features in a large LCD color screen.
– Foxwell NT301 scan tool is an easy-to-use code reader and fit the startup mechanics and DIYers.
– Has clearly arranged keypad and built-in DTC lookup library. Besides, Foxwell NT301 scanner can work with a wide range of vehicles made from 1996 and newer domestic and foreign.
Foxwell NT301 performs extensive functions, which include reading and erasing DTCs, detects reason for check engine light, reset monitor, turn off check engine light, turn off the malfunction indicator light, check emission readiness status, and much more.
The diagnostic scanner can as well help you catch intermittent issues and confirm repairs during a drive cycle. With such features and functions, this is a wonderful entry-level scan tool.
Foxwell NT301 vehicle coverage:
Buick, Cadillac, Bmw, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Isuzu,Gm, Hyundai, Landrover, Nissan, Mazda, Jaguar, Kia,Lamborghini, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mercedes, Suzuki,Opel, Porsche, Saab, Toyota, Volvo, Vw, Etc..
The Autel AL519 code reader is a nice device for beginners and small auto repair shops, since it has an ABS and SRS coverage of more than 50 vehicles.Autel AL519 code reader:
It supports all the 10 OBD2 test modes.
It can retrieve generic codes, manufacturer specific codes, and pending codes.
It works with 1996 and newer OBD2 and CAN domestic, European, and Asian vehicles.
Autel AL519 hardware features:
– The color TFT display and the built-in speaker makes using this device to be easy and quick.
– With a rubber cover that protects the device from getting damaged when it falls accidentally.
– Has thousands of troubleshooter code tips that help technicians to save diagnosis and repair time.
– With the one 12V battery, you don’t need the vehicle to be ignited in order to use this scanner.
Both Foxwell NT301 and Autel AL519 code readers will help save time and cash spent visiting a repair specialist. Foxwell NT301 is about $65usd and Autel AL519 is about $75usd. and both support all OBD2 protocols
If you’re looking for a scan tool to move around with, I would suggest the Foxwell NT301 Code Reader . But if you want a scanner for your garage, then go with the Autel AL519 code reader.