Dear Richard XX ordered and received a Foxwell NT204 code reader on 10/5/17,he successfully updated the unit using NT Wonder v5. However he was having difficulty registering the unit with FoxwellTech. Have the serial no but no password to register the product. He was reluctant to connect to my car until this matter can be resolved.
Solution offered by Emilia working for www.foxwelltool.com:
Please directly update by referring to the Foxwell NT204 user manual update instructions. you do not have to register.
From Page31 to page 32:
To update the Foxwell NT204 code reader, what to need:
- NT204 OBDII/EOBD Code Reader
- Update Tool NT Wonder
- PC or laptop with USB Ports and Internet explorer
- USB cable
- Operation System: Win98/NT, Win ME, Win2000, Win XP, VISTA and Windows 7.
- CPU: Intel PⅢ or better
- RAM: 64MB or better
- Hard Disk Space: 30MB or better
- Display: 800*600 pixel, 16 byte true color display or better
- Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer
Tip: Do not disconnect the code reader from computer, or power off the computer during the process of updating.
1.Download the update tool NT wonder and update files from our website and save the applications and files in computer disk.
2.Unzip the update tool file. Follow instructions on computer screen to install the tool and driver.
3.Double click the desktop icon to launch the application.
4.Click Setting and select the language you want to update.
5.Connect NT204 to computer with the USB cable provided. Please press and hold the I/M key while connecting the USB cable.
6.When NT204 enters the Update Mode, the application would detect it automatically.
After entering update mode successfully, there are two different ways for you to update the
- Update online: With internet connection, the tool NT Wonder automatically detects the software version of the code reader and read the latest software version from the server. If any new
diagnosis software found, it will automatically upgrade your NT204. Otherwise a prompt of new version not detected displays.
- Update offline：Update files will be automatically stored in your computer hard drive with every successful online update. When picking Update offline, the update tool NT Wonder will detect
these local files automatically and display them in a list. Ticking one of them will lead to an update process, which eliminates the need to download any file.
- Click <Update online> or <Update offline>to start updating according to the software version conditions.
- A Update Finished Message displays when the update is completed.
Foxwell NT204 code reader for sale