As one of the most cost-effective and professional products, foxwell NT500 VAG scanner is popular among users. Here is the FAQ of NT500.
For some people who have desires to buy a NT500 may haven’t get familiar with this device. If you have read the basic information of it, you can judge whether the device is suitable for you.
Compatible vehicle: global OBDII/EOBD cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks.
Vehicle model:support VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda sold worldwide from 1996.
Protocol: UDS protocol.
1) read and clear codes and turn off MILs.
2) requests and records live sensor data.
3) provides live data graphing.
4) merges graphs for easy and intuitive diagnosis.
5) displays freeze frame data.
6) performs active tests on vehicle systems and components.
7)display special functions such as coding, security access and advanced datastream, etc.
- NT500 can work on engine, airbag, ABS, A/T, instrument cluster and many other systems.
- NT500 supports all 10 OBDII test modes, such as live data, O2 sensor test, component test and more
- NT500 is equipped with multilingual menu options and code definitions.
- NT500 has SD memory card for data backup and software update.
If you have bought the NT500 and know clearly about its fundamental characteristics, but not all. The following frequently asked questions may help you a lot during your diagnostic operation.
Q:Does NT500 can be used for Vauxhall?
A: NT500 is only for VAG Group, do not do Vauxhall.
Q:Is there a version of NT500 software that will run on windows 7?
A: No, the latest operating system it can run on is Windows xp.
Q:Will Stanley PAC Software Work For My NT500 Offline Locks?
A: No, the last release of software approved to operate with the NT500 Offline readers is 3.1.66.
Q:My car is 2000 Audi A6 Avant, 2.8L 30 valve non-turbo. Engine code is ATQ, 147KW. I ordered an NT500 on shop but none of the engine codes match up and the tool will not take my vin. Does anyone have a firmware upgrade that would then list my model?
A:you’d better go to www.foxwelltech.com to update to latest version, and remember to choose Audi A6 USA/CAN 1998> this car model when you select.
Q:I bought a Foxwell NT500 VAG Scanner, I scanned my car whose model is VW passat 2007 2.0L and found couple of codes. I accidentally deleted all codes before I actually managed to read them. However, there were errors within immobilizer, CAN gateway and Engine, among which there is one in the engine code saying something like mass air flow sensor open or short to ground.
How to fix it?
A:It’s definitely a glow plug. I have meet the same problem on my Laguna, firing on three on a cold start, clouds of smoke, and a slower idle (the more sophisticated electronic in the passat might try to compensate for this), But it starts OK when hot. Tested them once I’d got them out, and one was shot, replaced them and all is OK.